Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tonight's Dinner - May 4, 2008

Linguine with Artichokes and Lemon from Sunset Magazine


I changed the recipe slightly, using about 3/4 tbs olive oil instead of a full tbs, whole wheat dried (not fresh) spaghetti, and Fage 0% yogurt (which I am obsessed with and always have on hand) because I didn't have any cream. Next time I'd probably get the cream and use it, because though the taste was excellent, the yogurt didn't cling and blend the way I think cream would have. We used plenty of freshly ground black pepper, so the dish had a great bite.


Dandelion Greens, Spinach, Tomato, and Olive Salad


My husband, the Internal Monologuist, made this, and it was great. We'd never tried dandelion greens, but they were abundant at the farmer's market, so it seemed like a good time to have them. My husband used just the tender top half of the leaves, discarding the tougher parts. They had a slightly bitter taste, in a good way. The salad was dressed with a mixture of mostly balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil, and that was perfect - the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar played nicely against the bitterness of the greens.

No comments: