Sunday, May 18, 2008

5-ingredient Lentil Salad

Also adapted from Nava Atlas's 5-ingredient gourmet.

Yum! Super easy, especially with the help of a couple of Trader Joe items, and you don't even really need a recipe.

Ingredients:

1 bag Trader Joe pre-cooked black beluga lentils
1/2 container Trader Joe fat-free feta
A few scallions, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, any color, chopped*
Olive oil and balsamic vinegarette, to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Dump ingredients into bowl and stir.

The original recipe calls for chopped tomatoes. I didn't have any available, so I substituted red bell pepper. I liked the crunch and color it added (and with the green scallions, black lentils, and white feta, it was a very pretty salad). I think tomato would be nice, so next time, I plan to use red tomatoes and yellow pepper, for more flavor and color.

The recipe also recommends serving with warm pita bread. That would have been delicious. Sadly, I didn't have any.

No comments: