Sunday, September 14, 2008

Portobello burgers


This is just barely a recipe, but my husband made portobello burgers the other day for lunch, and they were just great. I hadn't had one in awhile, and had forgotten how good they are. (And low in calories, too - woohoo!) We made ours in the oven, using a recipe from Nava Atlas's Vegetarian Five-Ingredient Gourmet - brush with a little wine, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Broil 5 min per side in the oven. Sprinkle with oregano and serve.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Romance said...

Yum - great idea and so easy!!! Your blog has utterly inspired my cooking of late... So I give you the credit for the much improved menu at Casa-de-Zombie...I just chef'ed up a vegan storm:

tofu enchiladas with soy cheese and whole wheat tortillas - spicy!

couscous with roasted eggplant, peppers and onions tossed with arugula and dried cranberries, and

chard-onion-potato pancakes....

Uh, cooking when stressed - clearly...plus a new Mollie Katzen was added to my library

ST said...

Thanks for visiting, Zombie Mom! These ideas sound excellent - if you send recipes and I use them, of course I'll give you credit! : )